Friday, July 22, 2016

In the Park with Sidney Outlaw

In the Park with...



Sidney Outlaw
Baritone, Opera in the Park







1.  Where were you born / raised? 
Brevard, in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina.

2.  What is in your ideal picnic basket?
I like food in general and I try to eat clean on a regular basis.  So my ideal basket would be any kind, as long as it had good food in it.

3.  My most memorable moment performing outside was...
A cabaret performance I did for Marilyn Horne at Music Academy of the West.

4.  My favorite outdoor performance I've attended was...
I saw Nabucco at L'Arena di Verona while competing in Placido Domingo's Operalia.

5.  My favorite summertime activity is...
Working out and doing Crossfit / Olympic weight lifting early in the morning.

6.  My ideal vacation is....
Going to Ibiza and hanging out for awhile.

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q:  What type of music do you listen to besides opera?
A:  Mainly R&B / hip-hop, but all kinds.  My favorite singer is Janelle Monae.


Join Sidney for Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 23 at 8pm in Garner Park.  FREE admission; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: