Baritone, Opera in the Park
1. Where were you born / raised?
Brevard, in the Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina.
2. What is in your ideal picnic basket?
I like food in general and I try to eat clean on a regular basis. So my ideal basket would be any kind, as long as it had good food in it.
3. My most memorable moment performing outside was...
A cabaret performance I did for Marilyn Horne at Music Academy of the West.
4. My favorite outdoor performance I've attended was...
I saw Nabucco at L'Arena di Verona while competing in Placido Domingo's Operalia.
5. My favorite summertime activity is...
Working out and doing Crossfit / Olympic weight lifting early in the morning.
6. My ideal vacation is....
Going to Ibiza and hanging out for awhile.
Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: What type of music do you listen to besides opera?
A: Mainly R&B / hip-hop, but all kinds. My favorite singer is Janelle Monae.
Join Sidney for Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 23 at 8pm in Garner Park. FREE admission; visit madisonopera.org for more information.