Wednesday, July 20, 2016

In the Park with Angela Brown

In the Park with...


Angela Brown
Soprano, Opera in the Park





1.  Where were you born / raised? 
Indianapolis, Indiana.

2.  What is in your ideal picnic basket?
Cheese, grapes, mock chicken salad (I'm a vegetarian), chips, a bottle of moscato, citronella candles, and good bread or crackers.

3.  My most memorable moment performing outside was...
In Garfield Park, outside Indianapolis, I was singing a moving spiritual, "Lord, How Come Me Here."  At one of the poignant moments in the song, a bug flew in my mouth and I had to swallow.  The exact words I was singing were: "I wish I never was born"!!!

4.  My favorite outdoor performance I've attended was...
The Indiana Black Expo's Summer Celebration Concert in downtown Indianapolis at the American Legion Mall.  It occurs every summer.

5.  My favorite summertime activity is...
Swimming!!!

6.  My ideal vacation is....
Driving anywhere with my family in tow.

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q:  Where do you get your jewelry?
A:  It's my own creation from my jewelry company, "It's a DIVA thang!" (www.itsadivathang.com)


Join Angela for Opera in the Park on Saturday, July 23 at 8pm in Garner Park.  FREE admission; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: