Wednesday, January 31, 2018

10 Questions with Matt Boehler


Matt Boehler
Osmin, 
The Abduction from the Seraglio





1.  Where were you born and raised?
Minneapolis, Minnesota.

2.  If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
Recording engineer. Or a fishmonger. I'm not sure, this is a hard question.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was…
The Marriage of Figaro. I was Antonio, the gardener.

4.  My favorite opera is…
Today? Salome. This answer will be different tomorrow.

5.  My favorite food to eat is…
This is intensely bougie, but...my favorite breakfast food right now is avocado toast. (IT'S PERFECT.)

6.  People would be surprised to know…
With a height of 6'7", you'd think I play basketball, right? I don't - if I had any talent for it, I'd have made my millions already.

7.  If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
Xanadu.

8.  I like to binge-watch…
Chopped.

9.  What four people would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, Thomas Keller, Alice Waters. (I'm assuming this is a potluck.)

10.  Everyone should see The Abduction from the Seraglio because…. 
Abduction has some of Mozart's most extreme, ridiculous, and beautiful music.



Don't miss the chance to see Matt in the upcoming production of The Abduction from the Seraglio, Mozart's first major success. Performances are February 9 & February 11 in Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: