Monday, January 29, 2018

Ten Questions with Eric Neuville

Eric Neuville
Pedrillo, The Abduction from the Seraglio

1.  Where were you born and raised?
Waupaca, WI

2.  If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would LOVE to have my own bakery!  I've been hobby baking for more than a decade now, and my wife tells me my chocolate chip cookies are a force to be reckoned with ;-)

3.  The first opera I was ever in was…
A student-composed chamber opera titled The Binding of Isaac.  Composed by the brilliant Matthew Peterson (Fort Worth Opera, Washington National Opera) and performed with fellow classmate and phenomenal soprano Laura Wilde (Lyric Opera of Chicago, English National Opera).

4.  My favorite opera is…
Benjamin Britten's Billy Budd.

5.  My favorite food to cook or eat is…
Ratatouille.

6.  People would be surprised to know…
I know all the words to The Little Mermaid.

7.  If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
Paris during La Belle Époque.

8.  I like to binge-watch…
The Great British Baking Show!!!! On your mark, get set, BAKE!!!!

9.  What four people would you like to invite for a dinner party?
John Adams, Craig Hella Johnson, Maya Angelou, and George Lucas.

10.  Everyone should see The Abduction from the Seraglio because…. 
Mozart's writing possesses an incomparable ability to affect its listeners.

11.  Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you.
Q: What is your dream role?
A: Pretty much anything Benjamin Britten wrote for Peter Pears: Albert Herring, Captain Vere in Billy Budd, Peter Grimes, etc.




Don't miss the chance to see Eric in The Abduction from the Seraglio, Mozart's first major success. Performances are February 9 & February 11 in Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: