Thursday, February 1, 2018

10 Questions with David Walton

David Walton
Belmonte, The Abduction from the Seraglio



1.  Where were you born and raised?
Nashville, Tennessee.

2.  If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
Teacher.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was…
Aida.

4.  My favorite opera is…
Aida.

5.  My favorite food to eat is…
Spicy noodle/rice dishes

6.  People would be surprised to know…
I used to be 240 pounds and played high school football.

7.  If I could travel anywhere, real or fantasy, I would travel to…
Japan.

8.  I like to binge-watch…
Frasier.

9.  What four people would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Stephen Colbert, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, C.S. Lewis, and Benjamin Britten.

10.  Everyone should see The Abduction from the Seraglio because…. 
It’s a thrilling score, funny and charming libretto, and a relatable story about forgiveness and peace. 

11.  Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you.  
Q: What is the one food item you absolutely WILL NOT eat?
A: Raw onions.



Don't miss the chance to see David in the upcoming production of The Abduction from the Seraglio, Mozart's first major success. Performances are February 9 & February 11 in Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: