Monday, April 10, 2017

Ten Questions with Robert Goderich

Ten Questions with 
Robert Goderich, tenor
1st Priest /Armored Man
in The Magic Flute





1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in beautiful Miami, Florida, but I was mostly raised in rural Southwestern Montana in a small town called Deer Lodge. 


2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I love being in the kitchen, so I think a chef. 

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
The Tenderland.

4.  My favorite opera is...
Dead Man Walking for the feels. 

5.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
I'm not really a pre-show eater, but post-show - EVERYTHING! 

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I just started taking regular voice lessons two years ago. 

7.  My favorite musical instrument to play is ...
Tenor sax. I pull mine out every now and then just to play and relax myself. 

8.  I like to binge-watch...
Food Network shows, Real Housewives, and Jeopardy.

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Barack and Michelle Obama, Bette Midler, and Harvey Fierstein. 

10.  Everyone should see The Magic Flute because....
The music is timeless and beautiful. The art being made is simply breathtaking!

Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer).
Q: What exactly is gluten?
A: Gluten is a composite of storage proteins found in wheat and other related grains that gives dough elasticity and helps it to rise and keep its shape. It often gives the final product a chewy texture.  


Don't miss the chance to see Robert in The Magic Flute, Mozart's sublime opera that is part fairy-tale, part adventure story, and all enchantment.  Performances are April 21 and 23 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: