Saturday, April 15, 2017

Ten Questions with Caitlin Cisler

Ten Questions with 
Caitlin Cisler, soprano
The Queen of the Night
in The Magic Flute




1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born and raised in Appleton, WI.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would be a personal chef. 

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
The Magic Flute. I sang the role of Pamina.  This will be my sixth production of The Magic Flute, but my first time as the Queen of the Night. 

4.  My favorite opera is...
Der Rosenkavalier. The music is so lush. 

5.  My favorite post-show meal is...
 FOOD! Anything will do. 

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
Even though I live in Montana, I saw my first wild black bear in New Jersey, dumpster diving. 

7.  My favorite musical instrument to play is ...
The piano. 

8.  I like to binge-watch...
TV from when I was a kid, like Friends, X-files, Frasier, Seinfeld, etc. 

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
I would invite my four grandparents to dinner, at age 30.  I would love to hear their opinions and outlooks from that period of their lives.  I would also love to see if they would have been friends before my parents met. 

10.  Everyone should see The Magic Flute because....
I love The Magic Flute because it's never the same show twice.  The story line opens the show up to so many possible interpretations.  This means that if you've seen The Magic Flute, you should come to Madison Opera's production because it will not be the same show you saw before.  If this is your first time seeing The Magic Flute, you should come for the music.  It has such beautiful music in every moment. 



Don't miss the chance to see Caitlin in The Magic Flute, Mozart's sublime opera that is part fairy-tale, part adventure story, and all enchantment.  Performances are April 21 and 23 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: