Saturday, January 28, 2017

Ten Questions with Will Liverman

Ten Questions with
Will Liverman, baritone
Dizzy Gillespie
in Charlie Parker's Yardbird




1.  Where were you born / raised? 
Born in Norfolk, Virginia; raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
Video game designer.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
The Magic Flute.

4.  My favorite opera is...
Turandot.

5.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
Steak and potatoes.

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I own a truck and a cat. 

7.  A few of my favorite books are...
Game of Thrones.

8.  I like to binge-watch...
Game of Thrones.

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Jennifer Lawrence, Michelle Obama, Steve Carrell, Richard Pryor.

10.  Everyone should see Charlie Parker's Yardbird because....
It is a very unique experience for opera newbies and aficionados alike.  I think it is a must-see!

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q:  Do you want to get food?
A:  Yes.

Don't miss the chance to see Will in Charlie Parker's Yardbird, the Midwest premiere of this acclaimed new opera about the legendary saxophone player.  Performances are February 10 and 12 in the Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: