Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Ten Questions with Krysty Swann

Ten Questions with
Krysty Swann, mezzo-soprano
Rebecca Parker in Charlie Parker's Yardbird





1.  Where were you born / raised? 
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; raised in Detroit, Michigan.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would be an anthropologist and film critic.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
Rigoletto.

4.  My favorite opera is...
Verdi's Don Carlo.

5.  My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
Shake Shack burger with fries and a chocolate strawberry milkshake!!!!

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I'm a heavy metal and alternative grunge rock enthusiast - my collection is pretty sick.  Tool is my favorite band.  I play D & D. 

7.  A few of my favorite books are...
The Lord of the Rings, On Fortune's Wheel, Sense and Sensibility, and Orlando.

8.  I like to binge-watch...
Sherlock, Westworld, Penny Dreadful, and of course Game of Thrones!!

9.  What four people (living or deceased) would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Leontyne Price, Robin Williams, Salvador Dali, and Benedict Cumberbatch.

10.  Everyone should see Charlie Parker's Yardbird because....
It's passionate and insightful!!

Don't miss the chance to see Krysty in Charlie Parker's Yardbird, the Midwest premiere of this acclaimed new opera about the legendary saxophone player.  Performances are February 10 and 12 in the Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: