Friday, April 17, 2015

Ten Questons with Will Liverman

Ten Questions With...


Will Liverman, baritone
Figaro in The Barber of Seville







1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in Norfolk, Virginia and raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
I would still be in music, maybe as a teacher or a jazz/gospel pianist.  Perhaps both!

3.  My favorite opera is...
That's a tough one, but I have to go with Turandot.

4.  My favorite pre-show meal is...
A good hearty breakfast the day of a show.

5.  People would be surprised to know that...
I've studied piano for over 20 years.

6.  What is your favorite song to belt out in a bar / the shower / at karaoke?
Sinatra's "My Way."

7.  What is your pop culture guilty pleasure?
I have to say I was addicted to Project Runway for a time.

8.  A few of my favorite films are...
Hook, The Patriot, and the Insidious movies.  I love scary movies!

9.  If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would we see on your recently-played list?   
Fischer-Dieskau, Eminem, Kirk Franklin, Katy Perry, Ray Charles.

10.  What is the worst costume you've ever worn? 
I was in drag for my first show at Julliard, wearing a white dress and heels with a good wig.  Some would say that I resembled Viola Davis as a woman.

Bonus:  One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q:  What should I eat for dinner?
A:  Wendy's!!


Don't miss the chance to see Will in The Barber of Seville, a classic operatic comedy!  Performances are April 24 and 26 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: