Count Almaviva in The Barber of Seville
1. Where were you born / raised?
2. If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
Music production / song-writing.
3. My favorite opera is...
4. My favorite pre-show / post-show meal is...
A Wendy's double cheeseburger.
5. People would be surprised to know that...
I make hip hop beats as a hobby on an MC-808, one of my most prized possessions.
6. What is your favorite song to belt out in a bar / the shower / at karaoke?
"Oh! Darlin'" by The Beatles.
7. What is your pop culture guilty pleasure?
The Walking Dead.
8. A few of my favorite films are...
Heat, Jackie Brown, Blade Runner.
9. If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would we see on your recently-played list?
Meek Mill, Neil Young, The Notorious B.I.G., Horace Silver, and Bill Evans.
10. What is the best or worst costume you've ever worn?
Best AND worst costume was a mummy costume I wore in first grade for Halloween. I was wrapped completely from head to toe in gauze... It looked great, but I couldn't move an inch!
Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer):
Q: Excuse me, sir, would you like a bag of money?
A: Why yes, I would love a bag of money. Thank you!
Don't miss the chance to see John in The Barber of Seville, a classic operatic comedy! Performances are April 24 and 26 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.