Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ten Questions with Caitlin Lynch

Ten Questions with...






  Caitlin Lynch, soprano
   Donna Elvira in Don Giovanni









1. My favorite thing about being a singer is:
The first rehearsal with orchestra. All of the singers and orchestra members and conductor coming together for the first time. So much energy— so much fun!

2. The greatest challenge in being a singer is: 
Living out of a suitcase. The constant unpacking and repacking is exhausting!

3. A live music performance I’ve attended that I will never forget is:
Tori Amos at Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor.
I think it was 1996. Incredible.

4. A few of my favorite films are: 
Simon Birch, Dead Man Walking, What About Bob.

5. Three things I can’t live without are:
My husband, my baby, and my family.

6. My number one hobby is:
Well, I really love scrabble and I'm getting into baking. I also love bargain shopping. 

7. If you could perform with any singer, retired or deceased, who would it be?
I have to go with Corelli.

8. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
I think I would like to sell wedding dresses. Or maybe get into real estate. I've also seriously considered going into the family funeral business over the years. My family does such incredible work-- supporting families in their time of grief.

9. What role do you wish you could sing that you could never sing because it’s the wrong voice type/gender?
Hmmm, Canio in Pagliacci.

10. Describe your favorite moment on stage. 
Two favorites: Don Giovanni at Michigan Opera. My husband, Jonathan Lasch was Leporello and I was Donna Anna. It was one of the best performances-- such positive energy on stage and in the audience. And he proposed later that night. :) Unforgettable. 

Also, singing the soprano solos in Messiah at Hill Auditorium in 2010 with my high school choir director, and first musical inspiration, Dr. Jerry Blackstone. The Messiah is one of my favorite pieces ever and I felt that I had come full circle in the most awe-inspiring way. Dream come true.

See Caitlin in Madison Opera's production of Mozart's Don Giovanni April 26 & 28 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at just $18
why wait.

No comments: