Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ten Questions with Angela Mannino

Ten Questions with...




Angela Mannino, soprano
Zerlina in Don Giovanni












1. My favorite thing about being a singer is:
Figuring out how to do something vocally (in a lesson, a coaching or while I'm practicing) that I either couldn't do before or was struggling to do.
 
2. The greatest challenge in being a singer is:
Not getting a cold!

3. A live music performance I’ve attended that I will never forget is: 
August 2002 when Cher came to New Orleans as part of her Farewell Tour. She sounded and looked amazing and had around fifteen wig/costume changes.

4. A few of my favorite films are:
The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, and Legally Blonde.

5. Three things I can’t live without are: 
Tough one! There's nothing I can't live without except for my Faith...but if I had to choose 3 "things" I'd say my iPhone, coffee, and water.

6. My number one hobby is: 
Cooking.

7. If you could perform with any singer, retired or deceased, who would it be? 
Beverly Sills.

8. If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in? 
Communications/television.

9. What role do you wish you could sing that you could never sing because it’s the wrong voice type/gender?  
Gianni Schicchi.

10. Describe your favorite moment on stage. 
Stepping in as an understudy at Lyric Opera of Chicago as Blonde in The Abduction from the Seraglio. It was exhilarating!

Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask (and the answer). 
Would you like me to write you a check to pay off your student loans?
Yes!

See Angela in Madison Opera's production of Mozart's Don Giovanni April 26 & 28 in Overture Hall. Tickets start at just $18
why wait?

No comments: