Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ten Questions with Kelsey Park

Ten Questions With...

Kelsey Park, mezzo-soprano
Quartet, Little Women



1.  Where were you born / raised? 
I was born in Pullman, Washington and raised in Hickman, Nebraska.

2.  If you weren't a singer, what profession would you be in?
Medical field, lawyer, or interior designer.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was...
Die Fledermaus!

4.  My favorite opera is...
Gounod's Faust (first professional opera I ever saw).

5.  My favorite pre/post-show meal is...
Pre:  Gatorade / water, bananas, and a good sandwich.
Post:  Any pub-style food!

6.  People would be surprised to know that...
I was in Future Farmers of America in high school and am a huge Huskers fan!

7.  My favorite book to read growing up was...
Any mystery novel.

8.  If we were to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists / songs would we see on you recently-played list?
Diana Krall, Sara Groves, Andrew Peterson, Bach Cello Suites, various arias.

9.  What is the worst costume you've ever worn?  Or if no such costume, what was the best costume?
At Moody (undegrad), I was in Così fan tutte and The Marriage of Figaro.  The costumes for both of those productions were handmade by a student's mother.  They were amazing.

10.  Everyone should see Little Women because....
It's a modern classic!


Don't miss the chance to see Kelsey in Little Women, as this beloved American classic comes to vivid musical life!  Performances are February 5 and 7 in the Capitol Theater.  Tickets start at $25; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: