Friday, May 8, 2009

Last night's rehearsal


I had a fantastic time at rehearsal last night. Goosebumps abounded: we no doubt have a special cast on our hands, and the chorus is sounding extra strong and polished. There are a few things I love about being a fly on the wall at our rehearsals. First, I am perpetually blown away when I hear opera singers up close and stripped down, with just a piano in an enclosed rehearsal room: the massive volume they are capable of and the intense physical demands of performance are never more evident. And perhaps more importantly is the clear fun everyone is having and the sense of camaraderie that fills the room. Hopefully some of my pictures capture this. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jamie Puffer said...

What great pictures! Those of us in the chorus are having a blast with this production so far. We have such an amazing cast and crew!