Sunday, April 15, 2018

10 Questions with Nmon Ford

Nmon Ford
Riolobo in Florencia en el Amazonas 





1.  Where were you born and raised?
Born and raised in Southern California. 

2.  If you weren’t a singer, what profession would you be in?
Dance music producer.

3.  The first opera I was ever in was…
Mozart's Bastien und Bastienne.

4.  My favorite opera is…
Tough question! As of this afternoon, Verdi's Don Carlo. 

5.  My favorite food to cook or eat is…
Cook: stir fry; Eat: Thai, Thai, Thai ... 

6.  People would be surprised to know…
Art films put me straight to sleep. 

7.  If I could cruise down any river in the world, it would be ... 
Colorado, maybe? 

8.  I like to binge-watch…
House of Cards.  

9.  What four people would you like to invite for a dinner party?
Jesus, Oscar Micheaux, Leontyne Price, and Prince. 

10.  Everyone should see Florencia en el Amazonas because…. 
It has gorgeous music, an interesting and easily followable story-line, and really good acting. 

11. Bonus: One question you wish someone would ask you (and the answer). 
Q: What's your favorite movie? 
A: Aliens. I know every line by heart. 



Don't miss the chance to see Nmon in the Madison Opera premiere of the beautiful Florencia en el Amazonas. Performances are April 27 & April 29 in Overture Hall.  Tickets start at $18; visit madisonopera.org for more information.

No comments: